Elinor Nygren Szapiro, M.A.
4690 Berkshire Place
Boulder, Colorado 80301
Licensed Professional Counselor
Patient Age Groups:
Highly Sensitive Persons Support Group
M.A., Psychology, Naropa University, 1981; Graduate Studies, Ohio University, 1970; B.A., Oberlin College, 1969
Background / Experience:
30 years, including private practice, Naropa University Psychology Faculty and Mental Health Center
Professional Interests / Specialties:
I have a warm, down-to-earth style, which is compassionate as well as
insightful. I've noticed that many clients can intellectually understand and
clearly discuss their issues, but, despite their insight, still find themselves
repeating the same patterns that lead to discomfort and pain. I use a
variety of proven methods (both traditional and non-traditional) to help
clients move beyond their obstacles and make the changes they want.
• Helping people RESOLVE CHALLENGING ISSUES that keep re-emerging
• Utilizing Effective Tools: Talk Therapy, Hypnosis, EMDR, Brainspotting,
Body Centered Psychotherapy, and Energy Work
• Trauma, abuse, addiction, depression, anxiety, anger, loss, relationships, chronic illness,
eating disorders, weight loss, career issues
• "Highly Sensitive Persons"
• COUPLES counseling: Restore communication and intimacy; resolve conflicts
• Enhancing SPIRITUALITY and life-purpose; developing a fuller sense of self
Professional Affiliations / Activities:
Former Adjunct Faculty and Clinical Supervisor, Naropa University
Lecturer on issues of trauma, Post Traumatic Stress and Stepfamilies
Meditation Coach and Nondual Spiritual Teacher
Elinor also offers an "Spacious Presence" Meditation Group
and you request the Guild discount when agreeing to fees at the beginning of therapy.